Sunday 18 August 2013

bugger,bastard, twat

So Robyn is out for the evening at her mates birthday, the boy is in bed, I've cleaned up the kitchen I can now get my painting board out and continue my captain. So I open the door to the under stair cupboard and for no reason at all the board that has been perfectly comfortable for the past months decides to through itself at the floor, covering me in dirty paint water and everything near by including my lightsabers.................

Somewhere in the distance i can here a chanting about skulls as I look around for something to hit that I won't have to fix later,so angry but not completely homicidal, but angry enough that Rory(one of our two cats Rory and Amy named by Blaise bit of a doctor who fan there) has decided that legging it is not an option and the only safe option is to sit very still and avoid eye contact. Well we have paints everywhere Winsor and Newton brushes with splayed tips on the floor and tool boxes the squad that was on the board all over the place and the captain who has been basecoated, washed and had the first two layers of highlight done in his component parts and crucially missing his head, aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!
so an hour and halfs worth of tidying later(still no fucking head) I can begin to start luckily I have a spare of the figure from an ebay lot so spare head  quick undercoat and i'll deal with you when the rest of the figures done.





Better pictures this time but still with a camera phone when I've done the bulk of the army i'll get the grown up camera out and take a lot of pictures, i've done some nice work on the skin that doesn't show up on these pictures giving the impression of stubbly white hair on his scalp and chin that I'm quite happy with. 
Oh and to add injury to insult, i have either bruised badly or broken my little toe by catching it on something in the evening not hard or hugely painful at the time but I realised when Robyn got home that the pain hadn't dissipated at all and it'd been over five hours since i stubbed it so currently tapped up which has made it some what better, this is after she moved it to see if it hurt(fuck me it did) and it didn't go back in place properly, waling today has not been fun and as I'm working in the lakes at DEFRA sites tomorrow, well lets see how that goes. 
Next three landspeeder storms only one of which is for the board so only one will be based, there are two going on it but i'm utilising an already completed figure for that see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog matey and wanted to say you've done a great job with the captain, really clean and striking paint job. Also I hope your toe isn't busted, well done for not taking it out on the cat, and last of all the title of this post made me laugh so much my missus came into the room to see if I was ok, so thanks for that :)
    Subbed and will catch up on your other posts, keep it up dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sry to hear about your bad hair day, however I still cry with insane jealousy at your amazing figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well toe not busted just bruised so thats good and more stuff finished, thanks for comments after this lot are done we'll have to see whats next. Maybe the lizzies now that the book is balanced and fair again still miss the spawnings though.

    ReplyDelete