Tuesday 26 November 2013

Even more EPIC Dreadnought

Well in attempt to get my wife to paint her zombies i sat down and did some more work on the CONTEMPTOR, and managed to finish the blue, now whilst doing it I planned on taking a picture at each stage, but upon looking through the camera on my phone realised that there really wasn't that much difference so instead took pictures when I was done and explain how and possibly why(we'll see how this goes)
So even here it's hard to tell what I've done, although the piece of marketing tat has come out well.

 Anyway the base colour is Regal blue and mixed with in varying amounts P3's Frostbite till it's just Frostbite on its own. It's not  really showing on here but I've gone with an attempt at light source blending because of the circular body with some edge highlights instead of just edge. I'm still unsure how successful I've been but I'm used to not knowing how my figures turn out until they're nearly done, I always have a moment of "oh god I've fucked up my toy" before I'm done.
 This picture of the components gives a better idea of how it looks so next the metals which should bring the blues up, and the red and white. The scrolls and freehand will come after that and i'm trying to decide whether to chance my arm at a bit of paint chipping and battle damage.
I've taken the head of the base as I was just keeping it there so I didn't lose it but people seem to think I'd put it there on purpose as some kind of conversion kick in progress of a friends blood angels, this is not true the dead blood angels are on my eldar army where they belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment